What are the expenses involved in participating in the competition?
The major expenses are your travelling costs only. There is no registration fee to enter the competition and the competition organizers offer complimentary accommodation for all team members and one faculty advisor for the duration of the competition and associated events (total 5 nights: check-in 20th February 2019, check-out 25th February 2019). We also offer complimentary airport transfers (both
Who can participate and how many members are allowed in a team?
All full-time and part-time post-graduate students in any post-graduate programs enrolled in the 2018 calendar year may participate. Each institution may send one team or more, each consisting of a minimum of TWO members and a maximum of FIVE members. At least HALF of the team must be enrolled post-graduate students from the same institution that the team represents; the rest of team may be made up of any enrolled student (s) at any level (both undergraduate and postgraduate) from any institution and/or no more than ONE non-student member (the non-dtudent may be any relevant person such as researcher, inventor, alumnus, etc). For complete details of the team member combination possibilities, including comprehensive eligibility and official rules, please consult http://bbc.sasin.edu/rules.php
What is the voltage in Thailand and what type of plugs do I need?
The voltage in Thailand is 220 volt and we use 3-pin standard plugs (2 squares, 1 round).
What are the specifications of the Venture Exhibition booths and what are teams given?
Booth size: W 1.5 m x L 1 m x H 2.4 m (total of 1.5 square metres) with details as follows:
– 240 cm. height fascia with venture’s name, 1 set
– Information table, 1 unit
– Chair, 1 unit (removable)
– Trash bin, 1 unit (removable)
– 5 Amp Power outlet (220 Volts.)
Yes, you can …
– … place objects (including chairs and tables provided) anywhere within booth space
– … use double-sided tape
– … bring and use computers/laptops/ other visual aids
– … use visual aids
– … decline to use table and/or chair provided (please inform organizers in advance)
No, you can’t …
– … place objects outside your allocated booth space
– … distribute promotional material beyond the immediate vicinity of your allocated booth space
– … glue, drill, or make holes on the walls of the booths
– … leave your valuables (especially laptops) unattended
Is the First round Summary Business Plan the same as a typical Executive Summary?
The Summary Business Plan is essentially the same as an executive summary, with some restrictions and requirements as per the official rules (please see http://bbc.sasin.edu/rules.php).